Using Canvas at Highline
During academic year 2013-2014, Highline transitioned from the ANGEL Learning Management System to Instructure's Canvas. This site is the home of faculty support for Canvas.
What's the schedule?
The transition schedule is:
- Summer 2013 - Systems integrations, transition testing
- October 2013 - Pilot goup access to Highline's system, Continued system integration, first orientation classes.
- Winter 2014 – First students on Canvas, Training available to all faculty
- Spring 2014 – Continued transition: Instructors choose whether to use ANGEL or Canvas
- Summer 2014 – No classes are taught on ANGEL; ANGEL available for backup and archiving only. Backup courses and transition into Canvas Test courses.
- Fall 2014 - Courses on Canvas. ANGEL is no longer available; course archives are available by request.
CanvAssistance available all summer
Faculty in Residence will be available at optional, drop-in labs throughout the summer. Check out the schedule, drop in, and meet with Instructional Design to work on your courses or the classes.
CanvAssistance meets in Building 9, Room 110
Ready for Fall Quarter?
- Request Test Courses and combined sections. Remember, you do not have to request single section courses on Canvas.
- Complete the Start of Quarter Checklist for Canvas
How do I get started?
Canvas orientation is required for faculty who wish to use Canvas at Highline. See the Orientation site to get started. Orientation is online, and can be completed on a flexible schedule. (If you have used Canvas before or completed another training class, you can "test out" of the orientation.)